April, 2018: The Nine of Swords



Mother of God, I'm so glad I pulled a nice stress-free card for April.

Whenever I pull a card like this, I'm always tempted to put it back in my deck.  Like, it can't be serious, right?  It just can't...

And if I'm pulling a card for a specific someone, I think, how the hell am I supposed to explain this one?  I mean... what if that someone is going through an overwhelming amount of poo already?  Does that person really need to see the Nine of Swords?  Do I really need to alert that person of an incoming episode of explosive diarrhea?

Happy... April?  (And if another reader/blogger draws a happier card, feel free to check out his/her interpretation while I stew in Nine of Swords juices over here.)

Since we're all dying to know what's on the menu, I figure I should start with the appetizer section... which includes worries and what-ifs and other (likely petty) annoyances.  A series of them, actually.  You know, the Nines in a suit are always so close to the Tens.  But here, the closer we get to the end of a chapter, the more frustrated we are likely to become because... 'hello, all-the-sh*t-I-need-to-get-done-before-this-chapter-is-over'.

Is it possible that some of us are just hyper-sensitive and moody at this time (perhaps due to lack of sleep/rest, nutrition, etc.)?  Sure.  But, some of us could also (suddenly) become inundated with details/tasks that we've never really needed to handle... sooo, let's just say that change(s), misunderstandings, and so forth could hit many of us pretty damn hard...

EntrĂ©es include asking ourselves if we're "doing this right".  Well, we probably are, but if I say so, it won't make much of a dent because, according to the Nine of Swords, we're in our own heads.

Alternatively, maybe there is no "right way."

Some of us may be covering our eyes (perhaps due to light sensitivity).

Some of us may be on bed-rest due to a condition that requires, well, rest.

Some of us may be experiencing insomnia or sleepiness.

Some of us may be suffering from aches and pains (including migraines).

Some of us may be grieving.

Some of us may be indecisive.

Some of us may take our heads in our hands and yell "OH, FOR F*CK'S SAKE."

Nighttime can be especially tough (as indicated by the darkness in the Nine of Swords).

For dessert, can we emerge a badass from some of the stuff we're going through?  Because this thing-- this thing feels like it's been dragging on for far too long...

Yeeeeessss... but we need to be patient.  Patient enough to breathe and deal with one detail at a time.  Patient enough to ask for, and accept, help when we need it most.  Patient enough to understand that we are not exactly alone in our stress, even if we may feel that way at times.

Hang in there, folks.  Use/discover some outlets.  Talk.  (Curse!) Share your fears.  Laugh about them-- TAKE A BREAK FROM THEM. Open a window.  Get some air.  Create small, manageable tasks for yourselves.  Stop assuming that someone else has it "better"...

And use the force.

Everything is temporary.  And compassion goes a long (long) way now.

I am so with you...

All best,
TG





.

Comments